This page contains links to resources and tools I used before and liked, hence can recommend you as well.
Those are the blogs I really like and try to follow:
- https://paolo.blog – blog by my colleague Paolo Belcastro who is very experienced leader and shares lots of great stuff about remote work, time management, system resilience, personal scalability and more.
- https://martinfowler.com – more than just a blog about SW architecture, agile, refactoring and more.
- https://nooverdrives.com – fresh travel blog about a pair who visited 49 national parks in US.
Virtual bookshelf with the best books I read in the past:XX
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software.
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship.
- The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations
- Product Leadership: How Top Product Managers Launch Awesome Products and Build Successful Teams
Learning & trainings
- Epic React – haven’t used that one, but heard a lot of great feedback about it.
Collaboration & PRODUCTIVITY tools
- Alfred – Spotlight on steroids 🙂
- TextExpander – text snippets.
- Repl.it – shared coding environments.
- VS Code Live Share – built in feature of VS Code for live collaboratoin and paired programming.
- Roam – note taking tool with powerful linking features. Haven’t tried it yet though.
I won’t list any very popular apps like IDEs or Docker, but rather add smaller utilities making devs life easier.
- asciinema – recording CLI demos.
- Free Windows VMs for testing IE.
- Gas Mask – hosts file manager.
- Ngrok – HTTP tunnel.